Siegfried Rasthofer is the head of the department Secure Software Engineering at Fraunhofer Institute for Secure Information Technology in Darmstadt (Germany). Previously, he was a PhD-student at the Secure Software Engineering Group of TU Darmstadt (Germany), supervised by Eric Bodden. He received his Dr.-Ing. from TU Darmstadt in December 2016.
His main research focus is on code analysis, mobile security and malware analysis. He developed different tools that combine static and dynamic code analysis for security purposes. Most of his research is published at top tier academic and industry conferences like BlackHat, DefCon, VirusBulletin, HackInTheBox or AppSec EU.
|since 2017||Head of Department Secure Software Engineering at Fraunhofer SIT|
|2015 - 2017||Malware and Vulnerability Researcher at Fraunhofer SIT|
|2014||Research Intern at Microsoft Research, Redmond (supervised by Ben Livshits)|
|2012 - 2016||PhD-Student at TU Darmstadt (Secure Software Engineering Group, supervised by Eric Bodden)|
Security Acknowledgements and Rewards
- Winner of Fraunhofer ICT Dissertation Award 2017 (1st place)
- 1st place of German Prize for IT-Security 2016
- Winner of best Innovators under 35
- Second prize of HIGHEST Startup Contest
- McAfee Labs Q4 Threat Report 2015
- Google Patch Reward 2015 for Reporting and Fixing a Security Vulnerability in the AOSP
- Android Security Team 2015
- Together with McAfee Research Lab: New Threat Campaign Identification Underway in South Korea
- Android Security Team 2014